[Dixielandjazz] Circle of 5ths

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Nov 8 14:47:23 PST 2005

Tom that's a great explanation of both the circle and Piano tuning which
is also applied to all other instruments especially Guitar

you said: A piano, for example, can only be tuned perfectly in one key.
In order for it to be useful in any key, equal temperament must be employed.

Same for guitar which needs to be tweaked to sound right and tuning
meters can't do that.
Larry
St. Louis