[Dixielandjazz] OPUS 2004 Jazz Club closed

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sun Nov 6 10:52:43 PST 2005

Dear List mates

there is now about six months that I retired from this List to dedicate
myself to the
opening of my long dreamed Jazz Club OPUS 2004.  It actually opened in June,
and I regret to inform you that it’s closed now for good since two weeks.
I had pulled out in September due to great unexpected disagreements with my
majoritary  partner  (the investor, he had 75% and I only 25%), he mislead
the whole business and I could do nothing  other than observe passively and
complain.
Due to his many managing mistakes, for his absolute incompetence and
ignorance and also I regret to say, a bad character, he had to close in
October. That's life.  I’m sad obviously, but not at all depressed or
discouraged; I didn’t lose any money, only my time, energy,  and great
involvement.  I had dreamed to bring some Bands and Artists from this List,
and also others, which sent me interested messages;  to all which I give my
excuses for having dreamed so high.

I learned a lesson, for not following close the words of J. Christ, in
Matth. 7:6

"nolite dare sanctum canibus
nec mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos
ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis
et conversi dirumpant vos"

What?! take a minute to go to the English Bible and learn by yourself! ----
just for joke.

Anyway, I keep working and in end September I succeeded to bring the great
trombonist Jens "Jesse" Lindgren, from Sweden, of Classic Jazz Band and
Kustbandet, to a big Concert in a huge Theatre and to two packed Shows at
OPUS 2004; he played with my Band, made a great success and impacted the
public, and told me he had a ball and a great time in Sao Paulo.  After that
he went to Buenos Aires where he played with my friend cornetist Tino Müller
and the Porteña Jazz Band.    Jens is indeed a gifted Jazzman and a great
human being, Here in Brazil we have few of that stature.

As for me and my Band, we keep playing of course, we are starting every
Thursday night in a new great place the Red Horse Bar at the São Paulo
Crowne Plaza ( a 5 ***** Hotel), and preparing my usual End of Year Jazz
Concert.

Wish you all keep swingin’,    and here I’m again with this great List.
Best wishes, best regards, cheers and beers,

Tito Martino
Tito Martino Jazz Band
clarinet, saxophones.
São Paulo Brazil