[Dixielandjazz] RE: Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band in CA

Tamas Ittzes bohem at fibermail.hu
Sat Nov 5 01:13:37 PST 2005

Tamas is a one time and perhaps current listmember I look forward to
meeting him..
------------
Yes, I am a current list member (since 1996, I believe, with occasional
drop outs) but I am just listening, lurking most of the time. I wanted
to let you know our program while in the Bay area, anyway but now I feel
obliged to tell all of you Central California members, where we play.
(This might be a little long, so those who are not in the area or not
interested, scroll on or hit the delete button.)

- Nov 18-20 Fri-Sun West Coast Ragtime Festival
Red Lion Hotel, Sacramento, CA, Phone: (916) 922-8041
Phone: (916) 457-3324 or (866) 724-9273 (West Coast Ragtime Festival)
Playing schedule for the Bohem Ragtime JB is (there are many great
performers including a few jazz bands and pianists, too):
Nov 18 Fri 4:15-5 pm, 7:30-8:30 pm, 10-11 pm (Martinique Ballroom)
Nov 19 Sat 2:30-3:30 pm, 9-10 pm (Martinique Ballroom)
Nov 20 Sun 2:30-3:30 pm (Martinique Ballroom)
The festival site (Red Lion Hotel Sacramento) is located on Arden Way
adjacent to the "Capital City Freeway" (business I-80). Use the "Arden
Way" exit either from the north or south and go east. The Red Lion Hotel
Sacramento is located on the north side of Arden Way next to the Arden
Fair Shopping Mall.

- Nov 21 Mon 7.30-10 pm Rossmoor Village, Walnut Creek, CA 94595
Rossmoor is a gated community, if you want to come, please contact Bob
Sutherland at (925) 933-9754

- Nov 22 Tue 6-10 pm Barkin' Dog, Modesto, CA
For directions and details call Margaret Squires at (209) 988-2334

- Nov 23 Wed 6-9 pm Giovanni's Pizzeria
5924 South Landpark Dr, Sacramento, CA, Phone: (916) 393-7001
no cover charge, families welcome
Directions: From Sacramento, go south on I-5 to Fruitridge Rd. Turn left
or east, under freeway, and go approximately 1/2 mile. Turn right on
South Landpark Dr. and go approximately 1/4 mile to South Hills shopping
center. Giovanni's is on the right, next to the large market.

- Nov 25-27 Fri-Sun San Jose Hot and Cool Jazz Festival
Wyndham Hotel, 1350 North First St, San Jose, CA  95112, Phone:
408-453-6200
Playing schedule for my band has not been confirmed yet but we'll do 2-3
sets every day.
Directions: a mile and half from San Jose International Airport and
adjacent to the city's light rail transit accessing the corporate
district and downtown. Easy access from and to Highways 101, 880, 280,
85 and 87.

- Nov 28 Mon 7-10 pm Little Switzerland, 401 Grove St., Sonoma
Phone: (707) 938-9990
Directions to Little Switzerland from Sonoma: Located just off Highway
12, take Riverside Drive to Grove St. (corner of Riverside & Grove St.)

I hope to see you many of you at at least one of those venues. Cheers,

Tamas
Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com