[Dixielandjazz] Vale Len Barnard

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Nov 4 20:38:58 PST 2005

Bill Haesler wrote:

>Dear friends,
>Skip and Di Humphries have just advised that Len Barnard (b. 23 April 1929)
>died at 2.15 a.m. this morning (Sydney time).
>He had apparently taken the decision on Thursday not to continue with the
>dialysis or medication of any kind and his passing was very peaceful.
>It is expected that the funeral to be held on Friday 11th October.
>I will keep you informed.
>Very kind regards,
>Bill.

<>Bill;: What terrble news about Len Barnard. Coming as it does so soon
after the passing of Chris Taperell it is a very hard hit to us. We had
so many good times with Len, and exchanged some of the funniest tapes
between us over the years that showed his great sense of humor and fun
-- tapes I came across again this past month intending to burn them off
to a CD. His sense of humor was also very evident in his playing, though
he was also one of the swingingest and tasty drummers I have had the
chance to hear close up. His work with the Gallapigo Duck was an example
of his being able to play in a variety of styles beyond trad.
Mostly it was his marvelous sense of fun that made our long distance
friendship so special. To say we are saddenened is understatement. We
can hope that
Borther Bob and the family will find some comfort in that he passed
peacefully and accepting it was his time. But he will be missed big time
at the Ingle household
and my wife Jean took the news hard as they had formed a buddy
connection in our time with Len and the Barnard bunch.
Don Ingle