[Dixielandjazz] A chance to convert a punk bar in Sacramento, Sunday, 11/13

Williams, Bob robert.c.williams at eds.com
Fri Nov 4 14:46:56 PST 2005

Please join us on Sunday, 11/13, after the November STJS meeting, at:

On the Y
670 Fulton
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
$5 cover

We've hand-picked a band of some of the finest jazz musicians in
Sacramento for
one night:

Bob Sakoi - trumpet
Bob Williams - trombone
Chris Pollachi - reeds
Jason Wanner - piano
Alan Ginter - bass
Bob Stover - drums

This is a full bar at the intersection of Fulton, Monroe, and Sierra
Blvd.,
behind Lohmann's Plaza, a stone's throw from the Dante club.  They
usually have
pretty awful punk and grunge bands there on Friday nights, and the owner
wants
to experiment with a jazz (dixieland) group.  It's not the most elegant
place in
town but it's very friendly and has a decent stage, lots of room, and a
good
lineup of cold beers and distilled spirits.  There are even two pool
tables if
you're looking for something to do during the trombone solos.

The owner want to see if he can fill the place up with a jazz band.
We've
convinced him he can.  Please come out and support live traditional jazz
in
Sacramento.

If the attendance is good, we're hoping it can become something
semi-regular.
But in case it's not, you might not want to miss it.

Map here: http://tinyurl.com/b25bc

--
Bob Williams
Trombonist Extraordinaire and