[Dixielandjazz] was/bourbon street in concord / ajazz style/new orleans style/now/Dixieband makeup

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Thu Nov 3 16:23:12 PST 2005

Paul

I couldn't agree, with you, more. Further, I think a seven piece group
with a standard front line is just about perfect. It makes for the
ultimate in listening pleasure.

Having said that, exceptions come to mind. The "Canadian Brass" can give
a good imitation of the Dixieland sound and one of my favourite festival
groups High Sierra played for years without reeds. I never thought
before hearing them that I would enjoy a Dixie group, so much, without a
clarinet.

It's not easy being a fence sitter.

Len Nielsen