[Dixielandjazz] Steve wants to help New Orleans Musicians

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Wed Nov 2 14:57:03 PST 2005

Hi Friends,

Sorry to be away for so long.

I have a friend here in the Palm Springs CA area, Steve Berliner, who is
doing some fundraising to help out musicians from the New Orleans area who
may need a little extra for their Christmas holidays.  If you have names,
addresses, phone numbers, email addresses etc. of musicians who lost much
from the hurricane, who you would consider to be good candidates for Steve's
assistance, please contact him at shontooz at msn.com .  I should explain that
Shontooz is his wife's email address and she's a girl singer.  Steve has
considerable talent as a trumpet and piano player and can really swing!

Hope all is well and that I can find time to get back on line with you
folks.

I should mention that I have a nice afternoon piano gig at Club Havana from
noon to 3pm here in Palm Springs.  If you happen to be around, I'd strongly
recommend their $6.00 lunch that includes salad, entree and beverage (no
booze).  If you sit in and play well, I'll happily pick up your lunch tab.
If you can make it, drop me an email or phone me at 760 325-8181.

Be cool!

Dick Broadie