[Dixielandjazz] Karaoke: There's a lesson here!

John Wolfe n2xbw at twcny.rr.com
Tue Nov 1 11:19:59 PST 2005

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com Wrote:
...I've already noticed they have a Karaoke bar.  Egads!
It's a shame,
Jim

To which Johnny "Big Bad" Wolfe n2xbw at twcny.rr.com Comments:

Karaoke is popular because people really do love to sing and perform. In
modern society the opportunities to do so in an accepted manner are
extremely limited.

It has always amazed my band-mates how people love to sing along at our
shows.  I always encourage singing -at least on the chorus- of about every
song we do.  I even coach the crowd with lyrics so they can participate.

So, let it be a lesson.  Karaoke works because it fulfills a basic desire.
Now you're not going to replace it, but you can copy it to good advantage.
Think about adding some sing-alongs numbers to your repertoire. You might be
pleasantly surprised - all the way to the bank!
The public always remembers a good time!

Johnny "Big Bad" Wolfe
CMA Nashville Fan Fair Artists
The Lime Hollow Boys
See us, Hear us: