[Dixielandjazz] Hot Cruise Ship Gig Available

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Nov 1 10:07:51 PST 2005

Tom sent this to DJML:
>We are looking for a duo to perform on a 5-star cruise ship IMMEDIATELY.

My comments:  I know it's economics and all that, but it's a real shame that
live music is quite often down to two people these days, one usually on a
keyboard connected to a computer which is programmed with all the rhythm
section (& sometimes brass!) previously recorded.
No chance for a spark in that kind of music.  Don't know why they don't just
put videos on with recorded music?

I experienced several groups like this on an Italian cruise line (cruising
the Carribean) last March.  The wife & I + friends are off to the Carribean
again this next Easter on an American line.  The ship is 3 times bigger than
last year.  I hope to see more musicians on stage, but am likely to be
disappointed.  I've already noticed they have a Kareoke bar.  Egads!

It's a shame,

Jim