[Dixielandjazz] Music inRetirement Homes

chaz_2053 at comcast.net chaz_2053 at comcast.net
Sun May 29 14:18:19 PDT 2005

DanSpink wrote yesterday about a catastrophe in a retirement home while he was entertaining.  Dan my heart goes out to you.   I am not a musician, but until I deleloped Pulmoary fibrosis, I spent an hour a day in homes, singing, reading, and telling jokes that might be a "wee" bit strong for some ears.  They all loved it.

You are doing a service, sir, that should put stars in your crown.  These people have so little to entertain them, even a problem with a speaker or microphone seems entertaining to them.  Since I can no longer do this, I feel a lot of my life has been cut away.  They loved the amataur, but they "went out to the theatre with people doing things as you did.

Any of you that have more time than duty, might try doing something in a retirement home.  It makes you feel wonderful, and it keeps these people from being so lonesome.   Relatives have a way (I should say many) of putting Mom in a home and going to see her on Mothers' Day.

chaz_20
the senile senior in illinois