[Dixielandjazz] streaming audio recorder

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat May 21 18:27:39 PDT 2005

It really depends on what you are trying to listen to and record. Some
streaming stations (like KFJC) offer a variety of streams at different
speeds and formats. Other radio stations or net-"broadcasters" choose
to send their signal with a very specific (and limiting) format.

It also depends on if you are on Mac OS or PC (or even something else!)

Since I have been on Mac OS (starting in 1985) mostly I use RadioLover
(and recently I have been checking out Audio Hijack ) to record
streaming internet radio and I have had limited success with a
USB-Radio device called RadioShark to record local AM and FM broadcast.
Some of these programs let you schedule recording times in advance.

I don't have any ideas about PC...

Dave Richoux