[Dixielandjazz] Summer gigs

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat May 21 05:30:28 PDT 2005

Listmates,

This is a copy of the stuff  I send out to my local contacts but I thought
it might be of interest to people from home and abroad if they're
holidaying in Oxford or the Cotswolds.

June 19th Lains Barn Day of Jazz 11am to 6pm  bring a picnic, pay bar
(corkage charged on own drink!)  Bands:  Keith Smith's Hefty Jazz,  Bev
Pegg's Goodtime Jazz Gang, Tad Newton's Jazz Friends, The Big Bear Stompers
with Judy Eames, interval piano Nick Gill
Tickets £12 in advance .....£15 on door 01993 811678
Lains Barn is near Wantage Oxfordshire.  This is an outdoor event and
(amazingly for the UK) we've never had to move inside the barn in 13 years.

June 21st Burford (Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire border)  Festival  7pm to
9pm  Gerry Brown's Mission hall Band... a fine band whose name is a bit
misleading ... for a "missionary" Gerry has a wicked sense of humour.
9.30 pm to 11.30 pm Harlem the 11 piece jazz and swing orchestra.  Songs
from me.
This is a dancing, bring a picnic, pay bar venue.
Tickets £10 Box Office 01993 823590 who also have details of other festival
events from poetry readings to the "Yetties" and a 60s night (decade not
age:-) )
There are lots of good camper van facilities in the area .... Standlake for
example is about 10 miles from Lains Barn and  15 from Burford ....

Festivals..... Brecon, Wales we'll be there with Kaminsky Connection on
Saturday  Aug 13th  in that favoured location the bus and coach park:-)

Bude,Cornwall  Big Bear Stompers is booked on Aug 31 and Sept 1st.  If
you're thinking of going to the festival get your tickets in advance, last
year several people were turned away and had to resort to the free
venues.... including a gentleman from America! website
www.budejazzfestival.co.uk

If anyone is thinking of visiting  these venues from overseas,  I'll be
happy to help out with ticket reservations.

Sorry this is so long but on the other hand  I don't send 6 messages a
day:-)

Jude

.

Judy Eames