[Dixielandjazz] Verse to "T'Ain't No Sin . . ."

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 10:06:00 PDT 2005

Hi Andy,

Here's the verse as I sing it with Cell Block 7 Jazz Band:

Dancing's good for this and that
Helps you work of lots of fat
But I'm no friend of dancing when it hot!
So if you are a dancing fool
Love to dance and can't keep cool
Listen to this swell idea I've got.

(Chorus)

When it gets to hot for comfort and you can't get ice cream cones
Taint no sin to take off your skin and dance around in your bones . . . etc.

----> end lyrics

Anyway, that's how I do it.  I don't know about Bill Haesler's chords -
they're not the ones I use but it's always an argument among musicians as to
which are the "proper" chords in a progression.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "You can work in a gag about global warming here if you're clever"
Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com