[Dixielandjazz] Latest On Bill Allred

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon May 16 11:45:18 PDT 2005

  Last week when I last reported on Bill, he was recuperating at home and
planned
to try playing his trombone for the first time. He had been out walking
around his
neighborhood prior to talking with me on the phone that Saturday.
   He phoned me this evening, and things are continuing to progress nicely
for him.
He found that he can in fact blow his horn OK, and is doing so a little bit
each
day. He says he is still sore, but has finally learned how to sleep on his
back.
His incisions have healed nicely, and he feels stronger each day. The
Sacramento
Jazz Festival people want him to come out over Memorial Day weekend, and he
plans
to do so if he can without negatively
impacting the June tour with his band.
   He tells me that his appetite is good again, and that Susan will have him
out
bright and early Monday morning for a brisk walk with his dogs.
   I'm pleased to say that Bill sounded great on the phone, and seems to be
making
a good and steady recovery. I know that you will be just as pleased as I am.
Sincerely,    Bob Cook