[Dixielandjazz] More Anderson Fake Book info

nvickers1 at cox.net nvickers1 at cox.net
Sun May 15 17:51:39 PDT 2005

Jim Jones, now administering the Anderson project amplifies his efforts with Charles Anderson in transferring admistration prior to Anderson's death.
Jim suggested that this data might be informative for our listmates.  I agree and forward his remarks.

Norman Vickers
Jazz Society of Pensacola

Jim Jones wrote:
Charles Anderson's three-column obituary from 1991 is mounted above my
workdesk.  He is a constant  inspiration and presence to me in furthering
his labor-of-love, begun in 1935 and pursued for 65 years!  He is still
very much "alive" to all of us whom he has enriched through sharing our
musical heritage.

After first turning over his 8000-chart full-orchestration collection to
me in 1999, his last three years were spent in feverish activity to
"complete" his Master Fake Book.  [Not that this is possible, but that
was his term.]  He knew that many earlier leadsheets were shown without
of their verses, so integral to setting up the premise for the refrain.
The verse is called "the front porch to the house", welcoming you into
the song.  So he gathered and published 1068 songs, all with their
verses.  Some were repeated from the earliest three "Boxes" because those
songs seemed incomplete otherwise.  Consider "Indiana" as an example.

All of this musical legacy became my responsibility on 9/16/01.  He died
six weeks later.

He chose to call these four new sections "Volumes", rather than "Boxes",
although they are exactly the same in format.  Their manuscripts were all
done professionally at great expense to Charles, so they look very clear
to read.  Graphics have been added along with discographic and historical
notations.

These four volumes are available for $68.64 including domestic surface
mail cost.  This is described on either of my websites below.  So, are
you still having birthdays?

Chord-ially,             Jim           O==#        jjbanjo at juno.com

Jim Jones                                     Tel/Fax: (310) 831-3372
2747 Vista Mesa Drive - Rancho Palos Verdes CA 90275

www.YesterTunes.com      www.AndersonFakeBook.com
8043 Full Orchestrations                           9339 leadsheets