[Dixielandjazz] A Sad expensive lesson

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri May 13 08:41:33 PDT 2005

Hi Folks:

Here is a sad but not isolated story from a wannabe songwriter who was
foolish enough to send his work out without a written contract or apparently even
any copyright protection in the basic forms.

Note the companies he claims are not paying him, sound familiar from many of
our previous posts and threads on this subject.

This happens to people every day who answer those classified ads in the back
of songwriter magazines, and such other supermarket tabloids, etc., with ads
like:

Stars seeking Lyrics, poems,   You too can make money, send in your lyrics
for review to day along with a check for $5.00  followed by a letter telling
them how wonderful their stuff is and for $150.00 they can have it passed on to a
list of Stars, and for $250.00 they can have one song made into a demo and
for $1000.00 they can have it mailed to 50 radio disc jockeys.  and on and on
and on.

Life in Show Biz.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

I am honesty certifying I wrote the lyrics to these songs and am seeking fair
payment for the service I have provided the various entities in selling over
40,000,000 units. Who would like to help ? I'm saying Please ?  I don't want
to wait years and years to receive payment, I never set out to nor signed
anything, I just sent lyrical e-mail. Figures.   ??

You can send e-mail faxes or make phone calls to these companies it may get
me paid before I get to old to spend money. They collectively sold 40,000,000
platinum 6,500,000 gold 465,000,000 total. And they still haven't paid me.

Universal Music
BMG Music
Capitol Records
Interscope Records
Virgin Records
Electra Records
RIAA
ASCAP

Don't listen to there lies, I need your help if you can do it.   I'm also
available for work

C. Michael Knoblock
Florida