[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Anderson fake book"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 12 23:07:34 PDT 2005

Dear Larry,
I live in Sydney, Australia and do not have a copy of the 'Anderson Fake
Book'.
Just the invaluable (for research) on-line Index, which is in my Favourites.
The Anderson Home page has details of the extent, and costs.
Here is what I have:

The Charles Anderson tune data book is the best one available for the
musician who wants to play traditional jazz and pop music from 1870-1970.
The central focus of the collection is the 1920s. It is written as melody
with chords and lyrics, in concert pitch. It is large and expensive, but the
most complete collection you will find, with lots of stuff available nowhere
else.
JIM JONES - YesterTunes
2747 VISTA MESA DRIVE
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CA 90275, USA
Tel/Fax: (310) 831-3372
E-mail: jjbanjo at juno.com
Websites: http://www.yestertunes.com
and www.andersonfakebook.com

As of September 2001, Charles B. Anderson retired from the sales portion of
his Master Fake Book. He asked me to continue preserving and expanding his
work of over fifty years, and to handle the archiving and marketing. Then,
on October 31, 2001, he departed this world at the age of 82. Please contact
me for any future needs and contributions of unlisted music.

Our, always helpful, DJMLers in the US may wish to check and verify (or
otherwise) the above information.
Some may even wish to provide comments on their first-hand experience with
the books.
Other list members produce fake books and may wish to 'sell their wares' as
a result of this thread.
I believe that is what the DJML is all about.
Information.
Kind regards,
Bill.