[Dixielandjazz] Re:Mildred Bailey remembered

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 12 22:14:48 PDT 2005

Dear Stan,
I can't fault your Mildred selection, except that I've never been all that
keen on "Weekend Of A Private Secretary".
I fact, I had to play it again to remind myself of it.
(Then left the rest of the CD run, of course.)
Nor have I ever cared much for the commercial Deccas made in 1941-42, with
several exceptions.
Although I believe that I have everything that Mildred bailey did from Oct
1929 up to Feb 1942, her wartime material and later sides are
under-represented in my collection. Most are rare and scattered across a
mess of obscure records.
Kind regards,
Bill.