[Dixielandjazz] "The Gig"

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 06:55:51 PDT 2005

   Thanks to whoever suggested the film "The
Gig." My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly last
night. I bought a copy after seeing it favorably
mentioned on the DJML. Nice little film of the
type Hollywood ain't making many of these days
... no car chases, no fleeing from raging
infernos or zombies, no shootings, no mayhem
(until near the end, when crooner Rick
Valentine's bodyguard socks the bandleader) ...
just a quiet little study of humans interacting
in a very human drama about the nature of dreams
and reality ... very nicely done. Too bad there
aren't more of these. Reminded me of some of the
finer French films I've seen. Good acting and a
believable plot. Two thumbs up!

Happy Webtrails, Bob Loomis