[Dixielandjazz] New twist on NIgerian Scam letters

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon May 9 21:34:24 PDT 2005

Attention all list mates:

If anyone gets any letters like this be very careful, the Nigerian Scam
Letter boys have started targeting musicians and bands for some reason lately.

It is obviously written in broken incorrect English and was sent to a friend
of mine Downunder, who passed it on to me.  Now why would this guy be looking
to book a relatively unknown band from downunder to fly to Florida and play
what appears to be a party, and on such short notice as well.

Be careful and under no circumstance fall for sending them any money or your
bank account numbers.  First clue should be that a guy really named Joe
Williams would not write such an ill framed letter since he should be much better
versed in the English language and grammar.

This is the second such situation I have become aware of in the past two
months, which leads me to believe that these guys are surfing the web looking for
bands websites and then contacting them about bogus potentially high paying
gigs.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins