[Dixielandjazz] Kid Musicians Generate Free Media Publicity

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 15:56:23 PDT 2005

Often people ask "What do kids have to offer an OKOM Festival Program?"

Well, Jonathan Russell made the front page of the West Chester Daily Local,
circulation 32,000, today. 5/9/05. Neat color picture of him playing violin
as well as a plug for him and Barbone Street in performance at the West
Chester Arts Festival on Sunday, May 8th.

So, next time some festival music committee or programming person asks,
"What does a kid like him have to offer?", you might answer; "OH, JUST HUMAN
INTEREST, MORE AUDIENCE & FREE MEDIA PROMOTION OF THE MUSIC."

Jonathan will next perform in West Chester with Barbone Street at the Turk's
Head Music Festival, (audience 5000+) July 17. As well as on July 2 on the
Riverfront in Wilmington Delaware just before the firework show, (audience
5000+) and at Hopicong Park in Buckingham PA on June 30. (audience? This is
a new venue for us)

Why, OKOM Festivals worldwide aren't knocking his door down with performance
offers is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps we should quit preserving and
start promoting the music? Really PROMOTING THE MUSIC, that is.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone