[Dixielandjazz] actors

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed May 4 04:58:19 PDT 2005

Pat wrote:
It was interesting to see him switch to `star mode` at the press of a camera
button. Out came the smile etc., just like turning on a light.

I worked with one of Spain's biggest name film stars (& singer) for four
years, in her husband's band.  One night, while at a restaurant, she & I
were speaking together at the table.  A photographer popped up behind us,
and Carmen (Sevilla) turned her head & smiled for the shot. She barely
missed a word in the conversation with me, and you just would not believe
the photo that I later saw in a magazine.  Any of us would have to stand for
hours in front of a mirror to get a look like that.  These folks can flash
it in a second.  A different breed from the rest of us.

Having said that, I turned on the tv last night and briefly saw a
documentary on various types of films.  One was the "teen" film, and Molly
Ringwald was exclaimed as the beginning of that particular fashion of
films....having been selected by the director (didn't catch his name), and
together they created a whole new genre!  Of course, you knew that anyway,
didn't you, Bob?  Still, it was fun to see & hear.....

Jim