[Dixielandjazz] George Probert?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed May 4 01:41:30 PDT 2005

Who was George  Probert and what was his method?
Jeff Matthews

Jeff, I gather you're younger than a lot of folks on DJML!  Or, maybe you
never read the liner notes on the LP's of the Firehouse Five + 2!

George Probert was sop sax with the FH5, and with a lot of other folks,
also.  I don't believe he is the past tense yet.  I don't know what our post
mate was referring to as the "G. Probert method", but he may have been
talking about all out playing, which was what George was/is (?) all about.

If you haven't heard the FH5, then get out there and buy their music.  It
may or may not be to your liking as far as style goes, but it was one heck
of a solid band, and a blast to hear live.  Well worth your money....

Jim