[Dixielandjazz] Re: Early Dixieland Tuba Solos

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 3 15:36:23 PDT 2005

> In this name dropping game about tuba players, I do not see the name of
> Louise Anderson.......led a short lived but wonderful group,
Chicago Rhythm.......... played solid tuba.
Dear Don,
I couldn't agree more.
I have their Stomp Off LP (SOS 1026). Recorded in Sept 1982.
A great little group with listmate Butch Thompson, cl, p; as a guest on
several tracks.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: Catch any of them big trout on the weekend?
(Jazz content: Jelly's "Fishtail Blues [Sidewalk Blues]".)