[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bavarian Bier Jazz

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon May 2 13:14:39 PDT 2005

Bob, DJML, and others--
     Yes, it _is_ Tommy Loy's old band.  I played
there last year, and Bob Romans also flew in (and
boy, were his arms tired) with the Pujé trumpet
that Tommy gave him, and we played and had a
grand old time.
     I'm also driving up next Tuesday (the 10th)
with my tuba to play there, and some others from
Austin may be joining me, either to play or just
to eat some good German food and get on the
outside of some great German beer.  Personally, i
never drink, unless i'm alone or with somebody,
so i may have a few beers just to stay within the
new federal guidelines for healthful living.
I'll be in training, of course, as the 2005
season of The Wurst Band starts this Thursday
evening at Scholz's Bier Garten....

     Dan