[Dixielandjazz] Re: lines in treble clef.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 25 15:19:51 PST 2005

Regarding: > Hi All,
> Is "Every Good Boy Does Fine" peculiar to USA?<

Dear Tom.
Cltist John McCarthy and I were discussing the EGBDF mnemonic over a few
drinks in the pub yesterday afternoon.
When I tried to tell John about the DJML thread and the 'new' US one -
"Everyone Grins Because Daddy Farted" - he and I (two old musos) had
difficulty recalling the correct sequence!
Age? Beer/wine? Or both?
As to your other your question. In Australia, in Melbourne, during the 1940s
we were also taught: "Every Good Boy Deserves Favour".
As was John here in Sydney.
Kind regards,
Bill.