[Dixielandjazz] How one youngster remembers the lines in the treble clef.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 07:18:48 PST 2005

Here is a PC experiment about memory aids for the lines in the treble clef.
Credit to Kirk Prebyl (drums) Davenport, Iowa:

Cheers
Steve Barbone

"We all know about the issue of Every Good Boy Does Fine as the little
saying to help students recall the names of the lines in the treble clef.
So, to avoid the inherent sexism, many teachers substitute their own sayings
or phrases."

"Last night, one of my graduate students shared the results of her
experiment that involved students creating their own words to aid in
memorizing these lines..."

"The one that will not be used in class came from a very sweet,
innocent-looking young girl who suggested:"

    "Everyone Grins Because Daddy Farted."

"I, for one, will never think of the treble clef in quite the same way
again."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone