[Dixielandjazz] Re: Smugtown Stompers schedule

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 24 12:14:13 PST 2005

Bud and DJMLers--
     Yes, capital idea, i'm going to try to see and hear as much
dixieland as i can on my two trips, whose dates and itineraries i
apparently muddled.
     In April (21-28), i'm flying to Madison for their Capital City
Jazz Fest and then up to Appleton to visit friends.
     In May (24-31), i'm driving to Savannah for my nephew's
graduation, then in June (1-6) driving up to Addison, Pennsylvania
(the ancestral Augustine homeland, at least my branch of it, near
Uniontown) for a family reunion.  Between Savannah and Addison i will
be as alert as i am equipped to be for dixieland events in the
regions i pass through, and after Addison i may have a couple of days
to tarry around eastern and northern Pennsylvania and enticing
portions of New York state for such other dixieland activities that
are not too far out of the way.  I think i could find my way to
Rochester if the Smugtown Stompers are active around this time.  (My
niece goes to Bucknell, in Lewisburg, and my mother's hometown is
Williamsport, just up the road a piece, and i may drive up there for
a day or so.)
     So yes, please, let me know when and where you're playing in early June.

     Dan

--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas    ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu   **
**   "If it please your neighbor to break the sacred calm of night    **