[Dixielandjazz] Mike Vax Presents Fred Radke

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 20:51:46 PST 2005

Hi All:
I am also a product of Oakland High, class of '63, and have the highest
regard for Mike Vax and Fred Radke who graduated a few years earlier (60?)They were
an inspiration to me and many other trumpet players from OHS. Both Fred and
Mike have achieved the highest levels of trumpet playing. They play with
passion and strength.

Any bay area musician or fan should not miss this concert!

Other trpt players from the same OHS era...Roger Bell and Ken Forsee are 2
that come to mind. Roger had a great range and was a model lead player, and Ken
became a first call Army bugler who played funeral taps so many times that he
quit playing after Vietnam.

Our music teachers, Jewel Lord and Arlie Richardson were extraordinary and
made music fun. Oakland Schools had a solid music program in the 60's.

I am looking forward to attending the concert on April 17th and saying hi to
Fred and Mike.

Art Wood