[Dixielandjazz] Bay Area Big Band and other stuff

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 13:23:01 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/23/2005 11:38:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:
Rumor has it that Mike Vax is too modest to post this on the DJML. In case
that's true, here it is. If he did post it, sorry for the duplication.

Yessir, Bug Bands are OKOM, so all you left coasters, Wiggins, et al in the
Bay Area, please fall by and support our list mate.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Thanks for the plug Steve.
I am one of the few people crazy enough to actually run three big bands.  The
Kenton Alumni Band - which of course, leaves on tour in a week; the Mike Vax
Jazz Orchestra which is in residence in the Bay Area and is the band that is
doing this concert on April 17th; and the Swing Shift Big Band which is a band
I front in Prescott, AZ where our second home is.
I also produce a festival there, the weekend before Labor Day each year.  It
is run like a jazz party and we have a great time. Special guests this year
are Bob Florence on piano, Marvin Stamm on trumpet and Gary Hobbs on Drums.
Sometimes I think I have too many projects going at once!!!!
Mike Vax