[Dixielandjazz] A little OT (but jazz education)- Mike Vax Big Band Spring Tour Information

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 10:48:50 PST 2005

I promised that I would post this to the list a little while ago and I have
had some inquiries, so here is all the information.  Sure hope to see some of
you at one of our clinics and/or concerts.
Mike Vax

Musicians and itinerary for the 2005 Spring Tour of the
Mike Vax Big Band, featuring alumni of the Stan Kenton Orchestra:

Band Personnel:
Saxophone:
Kim Richmond
Pete Gallio
Scott Petersen
Alex Murzyn
Joel Kaye
Trumpet:
Mike Vax
Dennis Noday
Carl Saunders
Dan Fava
Steve Huffsteter
Trombone:
Roy Wiegand
Dale DeVoe
Curtis Fox
Kenny Shroyer
Mike Suter
Piano: Bob Florence
Bass: Chris Symer
Drums: Gary Hobbs

ITINERARY:

March 30   Mike travels to Ft. Worth.
March 31   travel and rehearsal, TCU, Ft. Worth (Full band)
                7:30 at Ed Landreth Hall. Open rehearsal, contact me off list
to come....
April 1       TCU Jazz Festival, Ft. Worth
                  7:30 PM Concert Ed Landreth Hall, TCU
                  Information: TCU Music Dept.--  817-257-7640
April 2        Carrollton, TX – Semi-private concert at a restaurant. 8:00 PM
                  Tickets are available for $10
                   Info: Dave Leonnig (Horn Haven) -- 972-742-3913
April 3       Travel to Shreveport – band party in the evening
April 4       Shreveport, LA
                  Caddo Magnet High School
                   Afternoon clinic – 3:30 PM
                   Evening concert – 7:30 PM
                   Information: Bill Causey -- 318-560-4974
April 5       Tyler, TX
                  Afternoon Clinic at Robert El Lee High School – 3:30 PM
                   Evening concert at Caldwell Auditorium – 7:30 PM
                  Information: Cameron Akin, Robert E. Lee HS Band  --
903-262-2679
April 6        Carrolton, TX
                  Newman Smith High School
                  Afternoon clinic – 3:30 PM
                   Evening concert – 7:30 PM
                  Information:  Bill Centera, Newman Smith HS Band –
972-389-3842
April 7        Houston, TX
                  Private Party (contact me privately on this one)
April 8        Victoria Jazz Festival, Victoria, TX
                  7:30 PM performance at Victoria Performing Arts Center
                  Information: Jona Anderson, Victoria College Music Dept. –
361-573-3291, ext.
                   3255
April 9        Band flys home from Houston
                  Mike stays in Victoria to do clinics in the afternoon and
be guest soloist with their band on Saturday night.