[Dixielandjazz] South by Southwest Showcase - Austin Texas.

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Mar 21 10:17:04 PST 2005

Steve,

Your idea is good, but your location is a bit off - that is like saying
"Chicago on Lake Ontario" - Spirit Lake is part of the Iowa Great
Lakes, the city of Spirit Lake is near Okoboji (also the name of a town
and lake) but the classic jazz spot is "The Roof Garden" at Arnold's
Park (Lake Okoboji.)

BTW, I am a graduate of the University of Okoboji - my family has been
going there most every summer since the 1920s.
It would be a great place for a festival - not too far from Omaha, Des
Moines and Minneapolis - St. Paul and a great summer resort!

http://www.okoboji.com/
http://www.iowaballroom.com/p/past/roofgarden.html
http://www.threesons.com/   (for "University of Okoboji")

Dave Richoux