[Dixielandjazz] Re: Country Washburne and tuba

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 19 07:12:46 PST 2005

Larry and orthographical others--
     Yeah, well, you caught me in a misspelling,
but i believe i did allude to my bibulous state
at the time.  However, i did manage to find all
the right letters, in the right order, for
'cervisial' (meaning "pertaining to beer"; this
word is not in many dictionaries), but i'm
impressed that apparently you already know this
word.  One outa two ain't bad, under adverse
circumstances....
     Can't make it to Port Washington in April, as
i'm going up to Madison Wisconsin in April for
the Capital City Jazz Fest.  And i hope to find
some live dixieland (festival or whatever) in
May/June when i'm driving back East for my
nephew's putative graduation from college in
Savannah and a family reunion in Pennsylvania.
(This means i can't go to the Sacto Jubilee,
unfortunately.) So, maybe we'll meet up
somewhere.  Thanks for the note.

     Dan