[Dixielandjazz] RE: Inappropriate? No

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 20:32:15 PST 2005

With all due respect to Charles Suhor, in my opinion there are no inappropriate linkups in music.

Case in point: One example put forth was "Urbie Green playing Ory's Creole Trombone".

Not so.

I have recorded a NPR broadcast called "Trombone Madness" which features no less than four Giants of the trombone playing that particular number.

Read em: Bob Havens- Russ Phillips- Kenny Rupp- and the fabulous Mike Pittsley. I put those guys in Urbie"s league in a heart-beat.

I believe Urbie has probably played it, though I can't prove it.

With a smile,

Marty Nichols