[Dixielandjazz] Jazz & Kids

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 19:56:00 PST 2005

List Mates:

Here are some posts from under 30's kids who swing dance to Dixieland in our
Territory. Some are in high school (one brought her MOM), some in College
and some just starting out in the working world.

So, next time someone tells you the young people just don't dig Dixieland,
tell them to WAKE THE HELL UP. Following are just some of the posts about us
from early February and 2 gigs where the young came out for us.

1st Gig in Rehoboth DE, at one of the top jazz/blues nightclubs in the USA
on Sat, Feb 5 (200 mile round trip for these kids) and the second gig at the
Iron Hill Brewery in Wilmington DE on Fat Tuesday, Feb 8.

You can't possibly have any more fun with your clothes on than playing for
these young kids, watching how they dance and enjoy the music. Life may not
be the party we hoped for ... but while we are here we might as well dance!

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

------------------
PhilESwingDance FORUM EVENTS - Total Posts, 26
Barbone Street Jazz Band at Iron Hill Brewery in Wilmington, DE
------------------
From:PA
Registered: Sep 2004      posted February 08, 2005 09:15 AM

Hey all, come celebrate Fat Tuesday New Orleans' style with the Barbone
Street Jazz Band at the Iron Hill Brewery in downtown Wilmington, DE. Music
from 6-9pm tonite. For directions and more information call 302-658-8200.
Hope to see y'all out there!

peace, mark

------------------
From:philadelphia
Registered: Jul 2001      posted February 08, 2005 12:49 PM

Anyone who's ever seen these guys knows they're great musicians, and they
LOVE it when dancers come out! Those of us who trekked to Rehoboth to see
them last weekend had an awesome time! Go prepared for a workout, though,
their tempos are not for the faint of heart...!

(They might even give you some beads...)

ragg mopp
Junior Member