[Dixielandjazz] "Oriental Jazz"

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Thu Mar 17 07:57:40 PST 2005

Dear Steve,
These books about the "orient' and Hawaii may be of interest.
"Buck |Clayton's Jazz World"--he spent some time in China in a band formed
by Teddy Weatherford, who died of cholera in India.
"Hula Blues" by Gurre Ploner Noble.
"The Ukulele" by John Henry Felix, Leslie Nunes, and Peter F. Senecal.
"Blue Nippon. Authenticating Jazz in Japan" by E. Taylor Atkins.
Regards.
Fred