[Dixielandjazz] Re: JAZZ 1930

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 16 23:01:06 PST 2005

Dear Maggie,
Regarding the following request from Laraine Dillon:
³Hello, Would you please be able to advise me as to who would have knowledge
of an artist or artists  in the 1930's in Sydney who played a jazzaphone.²
The Œjazzaphone¹ was a 1920s trumpet-like instrument shaped like a
saxophone.
I do not know of any Australians who played one, but as it was a novelty at
the time, someone must have used it. Somewhere. Sometime.
Using Google, type in jazzaphone and click on the ŒMy Wish List¹ entry to
see a picture of one.
I recall that it was mentioned recently on a jazz list I subscribe to and
have sent this email out as a request for further information.
Kind regards,
Bill.