[Dixielandjazz] PC gone mad

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Wed Mar 16 10:06:42 PST 2005

Actually it's everywhere and as mass media improves the name changes etc are
getting faster.  I taught special education kids for a long time.  At one
time Moron, Idiot, Cretan were legitimate scientific terms.  But we continue
to go through language changes.  Idiot became retarded.  Retarded became
Developmentally disadvantaged and so on.  As we come up with new language
variations we then have to change them because the new name becomes a slur.
Today the new politically correct name can be spread quickly.  Without much
imagination you can come up with the permutations and evolution of words for
the black race.  The name changes are accelerating and they come even more
difficult to keep track of and what offends who.