[Dixielandjazz] Re: Darktown Strutters Ball

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 15 03:51:32 PST 2005

 Pachucos, Limeys, Diegos,>>

Dear Sir,
I realise that in your backward, pointy headed way you probably thought your
post was extremely funny.

I would like to point out that some of us on this list take political
correctness very seriously and find your so called `humour` generally
offensive and specifically so because you have listed `Limeys` between
Pachucos and Diegos.
This is a direct insult to our Nation and makes no acknowledgment of the
proud and singular contribution made by Limeys to your  society. If indeed
one could call your hodge podge of polymorphism a society

Your epistle is, no doubt coincidentaly, very badly timed as our nation is
about to launch a campaign for increased awareness of the part we have
played in the development of the American Way of Life
For instance, we invented the `Apple pie` without which there could arguably
be no American Dream.

Within a very short space of time we are making a major move into the
spotlight as we intend to build a small village on the banks of that big
pond you have in Washington. Several cottages will be erected, all thatched
and with small paned leaded windows, each with a garden in which hollyhocks
will grow together with roses round the door. There will be bobbies on
bicycles, two by two, and the simple villagers will lean over garden walls
each talking to the other in accents very like Dick van Dyke in Mary
Poppins.

Personally I think your only redress is to offer youfr own head for display
on a pike at the Tower of London.

Should you be unwilling to go quite so far than please move `Limey` a little
farther up your list. Say between Blacks and Spics.

Yours, in High Dudgeon

Pat Ladd