[Dixielandjazz] Stanley's Washboard Kings - Tapes

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 07:21:38 PST 2005

A friend of mine at the Pennsylvania Jazz Society has around 150 different
tapes by Stanley's Washboard Kings recorded at the Cajun from 1985 to 1999.
Each tape has the date, song titles and band personnel written on it. She
asks:

"Maybe you can suggest what I should do with these tapes? I'm sure they have
some historical value. Maybe I can donate them somewhere. Or perhaps someone
in the band would like to have them. Any ideas?"

If anyone on the DJML is interested in them, or knows where they might find
a good home, please contact me. Hey, how about you folks going to Logan?

Or Jerry Gordon, Bill Haesler, Bill Gunter, Bill Donahoe and other
washboarders?

Minimum bid is the postage/packaging cost from Pennsylvania to you. Anything
over that will be donated to the Pennsylvania Jazz Society.

Cheers.
Steve Barbone