[Dixielandjazz] The Phat Band - School Gigs & Young Fans

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Fri Mar 11 10:43:00 PST 2005

In my area, sometimes these are subsidized on a matching funds or some
percentage basis with the Musicians Union.  Some bands make a career out of
playing green sheet gigs.  I rarely do them for two reasons.  first is that
it only pays scale which isn't much here and some leaders have the market
tied up.  After having said that which might not be fair because some
leaders pursue these gigs and I really don't.

I would suggest that you contact your local AF of M.  If you and your band
aren't members you might investigate joining.  Unfortunately in St. Louis
almost all of the better musicians in town are NOT in the union so I am
forced to have a mixed band if I want to play or book gigs.
Larry Walton