[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jimmy Mazzy's Banjo

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 19:57:53 PST 2005

I clicked into the sound track below to listen to Sweet Georgia Brown, and I
was astonished at the whistler...great ideas, nice sound, but...he doesn't
whistle in tune! Sounds like maybe a slide whistle?? The rest of the band is
great,but PLEASE...whistle in tune?? Have any of the rest of you heard this
sound track? Am I wrong? SGB is one the "National Anthems" of OKOM...I still
have the red 45 RPM record with Brother Bones...the "whistlin' man"...
Warm regards,
Bob Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.