[Dixielandjazz] News About Bill Allred

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Mar 6 11:13:45 PST 2005

This is a forward from Bob Cook.

Dear Friends of Bill,
   When I last wrote on Feb. 10th Bill was fighting off a lot of sickness
due to
the chemo, but was keeping up the good fight. I closed with the good news
that his
tumor had shrunk some on the last scan. He had stated that the treatment "is
working".
   I talked with Bill on the phone this afternoon, and was literally
thrilled to
find him so upbeat and happy. He said the chemo was over with, at least for
awhile,
and he was feeling good. He was sitting out by the pool thoroughly enjoying
a sunny
afternoon in Orlando. He has quite a few gigs at this busy time of the year,
and
is looking forward to being in Madison in April with his band, which will
include
John and Terry, and also to the June Midwest tour when they will play a
concert in
here in Orion.
   Bill says he is very grateful for all the cards & E-mails & calls of
encouragement
and good wishes he has received, and thanks you very much. Just in case you
have
misplaced the info, his E-mail address is
wwallred at earthlink.net
, the home address is 653 Rosemere Circle, Orlando, FL, 32835, and the phone
number
is AC407-291-9080.
   I'm truly delighted to be sending out this wonderful report. Things are
looking
up for Bill, but nonetheless let's all continue keeping him in our thoughts
and prayers.
More chemo and/or surgery might be in his future, but I for one am very
CONFIDENT
that Bill is going to beat this thing.
                                      Sincerely,   Bob Cook

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for
themselves."
--William Penn Adair (Will) Rogers B: 11/4/1879 D: 8/15/1935