[Dixielandjazz] Accordion and Washboard

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Sun Mar 6 01:09:50 PST 2005

Not OKOM, but this story might be of interest:

The Norwegian Independence Day is 17th May. On this day the children and many grown-ups march in processions following a marching band. In the suburb I lived in at the time some thirty years ago, we were unable to get a marching band, so an accordion player and I (on washboard) led the procession playing all the marches we could remember, and improvising a few in between. People still talk about this occasion!

Cheers

Bob Smith