[Dixielandjazz] Fw: May 29 - Sac Jazz Festival - Mainstream Jazz Sunday Marathon

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Mar 1 21:51:48 PST 2005

        The Sacramento Jazz Jubilee expands the type of music presented.

In 1973 when the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee first started, it was almost
strictly Trad or Dixieland Jazz.  Through the years we have gradually added
other types of Jazz such as. Big Band, Swing, Blues, Zydico, Calmer and
Western Swing.  This year for the first time, "Main Stream Jazz" has been
added.

We have a quite  active Main Stream Jazz community here in Sacramento and
for the first time, this type of Jazz will be presented as part of the
Jubilee.

For you Trad fans, don't worry, we will still have more Trad bands (over 50)
than any other festival.  As usual, there will also be 3 sites devoted
strickly to Trad Jazz.

Below is an announcement from Vivian Lee of Scarlet Productions.