[Dixielandjazz] Phono Fiddle Violin

John B ryce brycejo at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 16:34:12 PDT 2005

My father had a cello version of the phono-fiddle.  He actually called thew
instrument a phonofiddle, but I can see now that it was mor of a
phbonocello.  But it only had one string!  The horn was attached down at the
bottom near the players feet.  It also had frets!  A strange sounding
instrument.

J. D. Bryce