[Dixielandjazz] Re: Military bands and OKOM

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Wed Jun 29 18:47:49 PDT 2005

HIi all,

Bill's bibliography omitted "Brass Bands and New Orleans Jazz " by William
Schafer.

Chapter 1 in that book talks about "Turkish music'" in the late 18th
century.It goes on to talk about the post Civil War period and much more.

I cannot read all of this again now but suffice it to say that the
aforementioned book, published by Louisiana State University Press
in1977,contains a wealth of information on the subject under discussion.

Cheers,
Glen.