[Dixielandjazz] Adjustable Clarinet barrel

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Tue Jun 28 14:02:55 PDT 2005

The problem with the cheap click barrel is that they wear and move very
easily after a while.  Just a slight push will shove it all the way in..  My
horn, because of the very large bore, requires it to be pushed all the way
in anyway.  The more expensive click barrel will lock in place which is much
better.   A normal horn should not require the barrel all the way in. I have
a couple of student horns that work just fine on the standard barrel.

I would suggest the more expensive click barrel because of the locking
rings.  My click barrel has a crack in it and wants to tear up the cork.
They are kind of weak in the joint so be careful with it.

My suggestion is to have a barrel shortened and then use tuning rings if you
need to lengthen the barrel any.  I think they come in .5 and 1 mm
thickness.  They are stuck in with cork grease if you want them to be semi
permanent.

Try e-bay --- odd things show up there.
Larry -- St. Louis