[Dixielandjazz] Elkhart Jazz Festival

dhs at ev1.net dhs at ev1.net
Mon Jun 27 17:40:18 PDT 2005

Dear Listers:

Hal Vickery navigated his way through a spectacular weekend of jazz in Elkhart.  Even the moldiest of figs would have to enjoy the sheer jazz and musical abilities of the people he listed.  My old friend Bob Leary was playing with the Bob Cats. Many of the mix-and-match folks are mainstays of the Central Illinois Jazz Festival in Decatur, and I was fortunate to hear them for two years when I lived in Paris, IL  The Indianapolis Jazz Club had the Allred Classic Jazz Band for a concert while I was there, too.

Regards,
Dave Stoddard

.