[Dixielandjazz] Re: Same name (was OKOM sighting Plainville MA)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 27 15:26:44 PDT 2005

> *thusly named because a Southern Rock band started calling themselves the
Dixie All Stars without knowing that we had used the name for years before
they formed.<

Dear Ron,
Our band, 'The Robbers Dogs Jazz Band' (formed in 1969 as 'The Robbers
Dogs') had a similar experience last year at our long-running Sunday pub job
(currently on 'hold' at the moment).
Some members of the 'Robbers' Dogs' (a punk rock group from North
Queensland)) and several of their leather clad bikie mates called in to hear
us. But were too early, and could not stay, unfortunately. They would have
been surprised.
Great guys and no problems with the duplication of the name, as they work
about 15OO miles, and as many musical light-years, north of us.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: Our clarinet player, Jack Wiard, is on a visit home to the USofA
(12th-25th July). If he gets anywhere near you, give him a sit-in (or a
gig). You will not be disappointed, as he is one of Australia's best OKOM
players.